Saturday 11 January 2014

Price of a kiss by Linda Kage


I don't care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean-

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It's no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he's just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I've ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them.
Read on for my review .....


I seriously loved this novel. I don't agree with selling yourself but the prologue of this novel is in Mason POV and it explains it is not something he agreed to do. He has no choice. He works and so does his mother but with his ill sister who has medical bills and rent in arrears he has no other choice.
I feel so sad towards Mason He is been used by adults who should no better, who should not take advantage of a young male. For him to have his choice ripped away from him was heartbreaking but what was worse was his mother. It seemed like he was the only adult doing what needed to be done to survive whilst everyone else used him and took advantage, even his own mother.
When Reese sees him there is instant attraction and when you hear her cousin been horrid towards him i felt like kicking her ass and screaming if it wasn't for the woman around him he wouldn't need to be doing what he was doing. He had never been in a relationship and not had a sexual experience with anyone willingly. 
I love Reese, even after things shes been through her personality is funny, quirky and caring. I loved her character and loved the relationship she forms with both Mason and his sister. I like how she can speak her mind and how she tries to help Mason see the world in a different light. Let him know all woman aren't like the woman who use him or like the people who talk about him behind his back. The two become close even with certain obstacles that prevent them it from happening. 
I read the novel straight through couldn't help it. Young kids finding there way through life escaping what truly matters. Both save each other from going further down the road of hurt and pain and both heal each other in ways they neither thought they needed. 
Mason changes his course and finally takes a gamble on what will happen when he stops doing everyone elses bidding and finally doing something for himself.
The pair grow closer and the chemistry becomes magnetic. They are truly made for each other and the ending to the story made me cry. Its an exciting ending one you will not see coming. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment