Friday 4 July 2014

Break my fall (Broken#1) By Chloe Walsh



I was drunk but not drunk enough not to notice him. Good Lord, he was beautiful. Did boys like him really exist? I thought I might be imagining him. “You wanna have a shot with me, sweetheart?” He smiled crookedly and lifted the bottle up. The huskiness of his voice made him sound dangerous, yet he was soft spoken…an enigma. 

When eighteen year old Lee Bennett moves in with her childhood friend Camryn, the last person she thought she'd meet was Kyle Carter. Kyle is everything Lee's been warned to stay away from, yet everything she's drawn to. His boldness, flirtatious nature and jaw dropping good looks have Lee's head in a spin, and she cant seem to stay away. 
But the secrets of her past still haunt her, which makes her attraction to Kyle all the more scary... 
Kyle Carter can't keep his eyes off his hot new room-mate, or his hands. Lee is fresh and innocent, and everything Kyle knows he can't have. But that doesn't stop him from wanting her.The pressure of living together combined with the sizzling chemistry fuels their unstoppable liaison. 
Both know they shouldn't be together, yet can't bear to be apart. They fall into a twisted affair of love, passion and deceit. Kyle's on/off girlfriend Rachel has a hold on Kyle. She holds a dark secret of his past over him, that threatens to tear apart his relationship with Lee apart. The first girl he cared about. Lies, deceit, passion and first love fuel together in their tumultuous relationship. 
Can Kyle break free from the bonds that hold him to Rachel? Can Lee forgive the indiscretion and lies. And will Kyle Carter be the man who can break her fall?

Really going to give an honest review on this one. Before reading this review, please note that I NEVER give a review about typos, grammar, or spelling etc. No one is perfect. I know I'm not and have made these same mistakes in my own novels, but Chloe seriously needs to get an editor, or someone to read through because there was so many. You couldn't miss them, avoid them, or carry on reading. I found myself reading the same paragraph over and over again, until I had it making sense to me. It really did ruin the flow. I am sorry to say, but it ruined the book. 

Okay, now to the story plot. Really good. I found myself getting whiplash A LOT!! I know it's hard when you right a book to get readers to stay interested, so I know what Chloe was trying to achieve, but sometime I felt like the author would give Lee a break. 

Then there was Kyle. I loved him. BUT .... I don't get why he would let a woman pull him around by his dick over having a car crash, technically, that was her fault anyway. I never understood that part, at all. I just wanted to scream at him to wake the fuck up. 

That said .... the massive cliffhanger really, really, really bloody annoyed me. Although the author did a good job because I ended up buying the next installment LOL!!!

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment