Friday 26 September 2014

Deacon (The Unfinished Hero series #4) By Kristen Ashley


Deacon has an ugly history, a history that broke him, leaving him a ghost of a man. Out of necessity, he left the normal world to descend into the criminal world and found he fit. So he stayed. Cold as ice and living off the grid, Deacon has no intention to connect, not with anyone. 

Then he returns to some remote cabins in the Colorado Mountains and finds they have new owners. One of them is Cassidy Swallow, a young woman willing to work hard to live her quiet dream in a house by a river surrounded by aspen and pine. 

Suddenly, Deacon finds he’s at war. Cassidy’s pull for him to connect is strong. He fights it, but he loses, always coming back for more. But when he does, he gives her nothing. 
 
From the first time she sees him, Cassidy knows Deacon is dead inside. She knows he’s the kind of man who could destroy a woman. But one night when Deacon’s control slips, Cassidy takes a chance. 

He might break her. He also might be her dream come true. 

I am actually sad to say this because I am a massive Kristen Ashley fan and I mean massively HUGE fan !! But this novel was surprisingly disappointing :( *sad sigh* 
I just felt like there wasn't a story, like there usually is with KA books. I'm hoping there is another book to add on because the ending got good and not just because it ended, but because SOMETHING happened. Well, not excitedly happening, but it looked like the beginning of it. 

The book also moved to fast in the years for my liking. I felt like it was too slow for someone supposedly hot for someone if that makes sense, but it's fiction and not real so I moved passed that, I'm not one of these reviewers that pick at stupid shit like that.

I loved both the characters. I loved her vision in the novel and how hard she worked. Same goes with Deacon, I loved he stayed a mystery up until the end. 

3*


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment