Tuesday 7 October 2014

Ruin (Ruin #1) By Rachel Van Dyken



I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michels offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

Ruin is another one of those books that you need to read. It's another inspirational read from a fantastic author. 
Cancer hits so many people, good people, and it's something only to be cured by a miracle. A big one at that. In this novel it shows us miracles can happen. I know in real life cancer beats more people than people beating cancer. It's hard to explain the words Rachel describes life, and death in without actually copying from the book, even then I still wouldn't do it justice. 
It's such a beautiful story and it had me crying, laughing, gasping, and cooing over the romantic things Wes would say to Keirsten. 

It's about two people hurt by death or the effects death. Wez meets Keisten and helps her through the darkness lurking in her eyes, through the depression he sees within her. What she don't know is, she's also helping him with his illness. He had given up, given up on a future, the thought of one and everything else, until she comes along and makes him want to live. It's truly heartwarming. Couldn't put the book down and read in one sitting.

I really can't write a review to do the book justice. It has so much meaning, so much emotion, and so much hope it's hard to write in words how exceptional this book truly is. 

5*amazing, well deserved stars.
If I could give Rachel more I would, I would give her so much more because this book proves just how much of a fantastic writer she is. Even the dedication that most people don't even glance at I read and was in tears. Truly heartbreaking, but heartwarming all at the same time. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment