Monday 17 November 2014

Jaded (Jaded series #1) By Tijan



Sheldon doesn't care about anyone except Corrigan and Bryce. The three of them rule their school, but it seems someone else wants in on the action or that someone else just wants Sheldon. How many bodies is enough to prove their love to her?

I have had this on my TBR for so, so, so long. Because of the lack of blurb and the price it was originally at, I never wanted to take the chance. I'm glad I did though. 

I couldn't get into it at first, the characters reminded me so much of Logan, Sam and Mason. Only the opposite in certain areas. 

Like Logan is funny, whore, and always getting into trouble, whereas Corrigan is the same, but when he gets into trouble, he does get caught. 

Sam doesn't care about anything, or what anyone thinks or if she's popular or not. She's hurt by her parents neglect, but never acts on it to get their attention. Also she is honest about her feelings to Mason and would never cheat. Whereas Sheldon cares whether she's popular or an outcast, even though she says she doesn't care she does because she's constantly separating the two groups. One for popular kids, then the other losers. (Her words not mine). Sheldon does and doesn't care about her parents neglect, and she acts on it. She gets into trouble, back talks teachers, smashes her house up because she's acting out. Then we have her and Bryce, she loves him, but won't admit it. She won't label their relationship and technically in my eyes, she cheated and I hate that. I think that's why I can't form a bond with her. Secretly she's worried about people leaving her like her parents, but if anything she will be the one to drive them away with her actions. 

Now Bryce I liked the most, he is opposite to Mason. Mason would never stand for the shit Sheldon puts on Bryce and would never condone cheating or forgive her for it. I also found he's a little more outgoing then what Mason is. 
Mason is quiet, brooding and likes to do things his way. They're both top of the chain at their schools, both the male every girls dreams of and both going places with their football career. 

And then we have the dysfunctional parents. Bryce's mom is a lunatic. Literally. Sprouting stuff off about praying for Sheldon lol which made me laugh, then we have Sheldon's mom who is like Analyse, but more collected and less loony, but loony all the same. 

The story line however is totally different, but apart of me couldn't stop seeing the comparison in the characters. I liked the story line and it had me gripped once I got into it. I will be definitely be reading Still Jaded Book two next. 

5* 


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment