Tuesday 23 December 2014

Seeking Karma By Melanie J Cole




Trent Evers has spent the past eight years of his life, dreaming about the same girl. He doesn’t even know her name. What he does know, is that she was there for him, on the toughest night of his life. She stayed with him, holding his hand, humming to him, until the police showed up. 
Desperate for a distraction, he drowns himself in alcohol and random girls. It’s not enough, though. When he sees her again – at a McDonalds of all places – he’s determined to make her his. He doesn’t care that she’s dating one of his frat brothers. No one is good enough for her, especially not Aaron Jones. He’s on a mission. Now, he has a new distraction! Make her remember him, and make her his. 
Unlike Trent, Karma Davis had a perfect childhood. She grew up in a loving home with her parents, and sister. 
Her life begins spiraling out of her control, three months into her relationship with Aaron Jones. He’s not the person she originally thought him to be. He’s controlling and abusive to her – both physically and mentally. 
Fearing for her life, Karma makes a plan to break it off with Aaron – once and for all. But Aaron is not the type of person who can take no for an answer. 
Karma’s terrified of what Aaron will do, if he finds her. Desperate for freedom, she moves off of campus, and rearranges her entire schedule. Will all of her efforts, be enough to get rid of Aaron? She hopes so. 
When she meets her new neighbor Trent, she knows he looks familiar, but she cannot place where she knows him from. She reluctantly forms a friendship with him, but soon realizes that friendship with Trent is not enough. She wants more, but can she trust any guy after Aaron? She’s determined to try. 


Seeking Karma grabbed my attention after finishing Melanie's novel Finding you in me. I'm not very keen on the cover, I think the girl in it is perfect for Karma, but the lad in the cover??? Not so much, so please don't let that put you off the book. 
I'd read the book in one sitting and really enjoyed it.... 
As you know the blurb says a lot about the book, so I won't repeat what that tells you. Just know that Trent is such a fantastic male boyfriend that I had a hard time liking Karma LOL I wanted him for myself. 
There are a few little twists that I don't think everyone will see coming. It depends how much of a book nerd you are heehee. 
The ending for me was perfect, I loved it. There was so much guessing, so much going on, and excitement that I got really engrossed into the book. I also liked the fact Melanie ironed everything out about Aaron and didn't leave us guessing or questioning anything.

Only one flaw and it's not with the story as such or with the writing, although I did have the same problem with paragraphs as I did with her other novel Finding you in me. But with Aaron and his friends. They all saw how he cheated on her, so why would they think HE deserved to speak to her???? Do they really have no morals???? Also the same with the interfering girl, she knew what the fucker was like yet did what she did. I didn't like that part at all. 

4*


NOTE TO READERS: Please, if you are a victim of domestic abuse then please get in touch with Woman's aid, or a charity near you that helps with these types of situations. Know, that you are not alone, and that there will always be someone, whether you think there is or not, that will help pull you through it. Never learn to live with abuse, but to walk away from it, no matter how hard it is. 
I did have a list of UK, US, CA numbers for different woman's refuges, but I can't find them. So please, google it for the information near you xx 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment