Wednesday 7 January 2015

Falling away By Penelope Douglas



Jaxon is the guy she's supposed to avoid . . .


K. C. Carter has always followed the rules - until this year, when a mistake leaves her the talk of her college campus and her carefully arranged life comes crashing to a halt. Now she's stuck in her small hometown for the summer to complete her court-ordered community service, and to make matters worse, trouble is living right next door.


K.C. is the girl he won't let get away . . .


Jaxon Trent is the worst kind of temptation and exactly what K.C. was supposed to stay away from in high school. But he never forgot her. She was the one girl who wouldn't give him the time of day and the only one to ever say no. Fate has brought K.C. back into his life - except what he thought was a great twist of luck turns out to be too close for comfort. As they grow closer, he discovers that convincing K.C. to get out from her mother's shadow is hard, but revealing the darkest parts of his soul is nearly impossible.


Jaxon..... K.C...... where do I begin?????? 

I have loved Jaxon since he got brought into the Fall away series. He intrigued me with his long dark hair, devilishly good looks and his computer nerd personality. 
I only got more curious when he sleeps with the mom in Rival. I never really saw him as someone like that until that back and it's then I realised that he went through more than just beatings from his dad. 
Why people like his dad have kids is beyond me, why do it if all your going to do is make a child's life miserable. Especially when he was happy in a foster home before his dad had taken him back. Anyway, his life was a pile of shit before he went to live with Jared and Katherine, Jared's mom. 
Jax has to keep telling himself during the book that he is clean, he is strong, he is worthy, and it really broke my heart to read. He showered so many times, refused to have his hair touched or cut because of his past. It truly is heartbreaking. 
In the midst of all this he's become well off, living in a house Jared mom left him filled with everything he ever needs and more. Has his cars and a million and one other things to keep him busy, instead of drowning over his past. 


Then we have K,C or who I've come to know now as Juliet. She comes from a strict family so to speak and although their abuse is different, Jax and Juliet share that burden. I honestly never saw more to K.C in the other books other than a rich girl, strict parents, and a little selfish in the first book, but reading this one and reading her side I felt so sorry for her. 
All she wanted was to be loved, and to love in return, she wanted to feel. 
In the book she is doing community service. Somehow (Thanks to Jax) She got to tutor at her old school. 
There's a part in the book that she takes her journals to the tutor session, letting her group read through them and I'm not joking when I say, it made me cry. I've never read anything so honest, so true and so raw before. It was beautiful and the way she helps them with certain entries of the journal was clever. 

Anyway, K.C moves in to Tate's old room as Tate doesn't live there, so she's living next door to Jax, the one person that has always made her feel. Which I can see why. 
Penelope has taken this book to a whole other level. It's seriously hot, and Jax just makes it that much hotter. I couldn't believe it, but this has to be my first book to hit my 2015 top book list. 

The book progresses and we see different sides to both characters and read more about the other characters and I'm excited to inform all you readers that Tate and Jared are getting another book. WHOOP!!!! 

All in all the book is brilliant and I'm so glad I read it. I'll be recommending this one throughout the year defo... and I can't wait to read more from this series. Seriously love the characters and Penelope's style of writing. 

5* even though it does deserve more ;)    

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment