Wednesday 29 April 2015

Aflame (Falling away Novella) By Penelope Douglas



The tables have turned. Now I have the power-and it's his turn to beg...

Everyone wants to be me.
Maybe it's the sway of my skirt or the way I flip my hair, but I don't care. Even though their attention is the last thing I crave, I just can't stop. I dominate the track, the speed rattles my bones, and the wind and the crowd screams my name.
I'm her. The girl driver. The queen of the race. And I'm surviving - something he thought I'd never do.
They all talk about him. Did you see Jared Trent on T.V? What did you think of his last race, Tate? When is he coming back to town, Tate?
But I refuse to care too much. Because when Jared does come home, I won't be here.
Tatum Brandt is gone. I'm someone new.


OH MY GOD!!!
I loved this book.....

It didn't feel like a novella at all. It felt like a normal novel it had everything you wanted in it. 
I didn't want Jared to move away, I honestly still believe his reasons were selfish, and I can understand why Tate retaliated the way she did by trying to move on. She was angry, she was hurt and heart broken and she just wanted it to go away. 
What woman doesn't feel like that after a break up? 
He expected too much from her. He never gave her a time limit to how long he'd be gone, or where he was going. He didn't promise her anything which is why I was so angry about him going and coming back and thinking he could pick up the pieces the way he did. 

As a woman myself I would never have forgiven him, as a reader and reading their previous story, I was so glad she forgave him and they worked through it. Yes it wasn't easy, but what love story is. 
Penelope did a great job bringing out the emotions the characters portrayed, it made you feel what they were and I sympathized with Tate so much. I could understand her need to hurt him, to feel indifferent to him, when deep down she was breaking just as much on the inside. 

The story progressed nicely, and we didn't just get a story out of Jared and Tate, but out of all the other couples. I loved seeing them as their sixthsome. They worked together nicely. Tate didn't give in to Jared easily and I loved that about her. She's always been a strong character, especially with everything she has been through, but to see it play out the way it did was truly heartwarming and heartbreaking both at the same time.

I will also mention that Penelope has left the series with the chance that she can still write with the new generation of the Falling away series, by leaving it open. I think this is a brilliant idea and would really love it if she did. Who wouldn't want to see what they're kids turned out like? 
Aurora Rose Reynolds has done the same for her Until series and it's worked out brilliantly. Let's hope there is enough Falling away fans to persuade her too continue on :)


5*Amazing well earned stars.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment