Monday 20 April 2015

Ryder (Allen securities #4) By Madison Stevens



Irene wants to believe all she needs to heal after an emotionally abusive relationship are her friends and bakery, but Ryder Allen keeps intruding into her thoughts. Something about the huge man calls to her heart and body. Afraid to even think about loving again, she does her best to convince him that his affections are better directed elsewhere. 

Security contractor Ryder has lived for years choked with bitterness and anger about a bad job that left both his heart and face scarred. His attraction to the shy Irene has left him determined to be with her, despite her insistence they just wouldn’t work together. 

When a local biker gang recruits new help and begins making waves around town, neither Ryder nor Irene worry it’ll be much of a problem for her bakery other than some vandalism. Not thinking much about the trouble, Irene decides to take a camping trip with some friends, leading to unexpected terror in the woods that’ll require some skilled protection, which Ryder is more than ready to deliver. 


I read Ryder thinking it could be read as a standalone like most series like this do. This was my own mistake by not looking further into it. The description didn't say anything about reading it as a series, or if it was a standalone. 

I got confused throughout the whole book. The story line was freaking brilliant, but parts just weren't detailed enough and I'd be like, 'huh? why the hell did he say that for?' or 'where did that come from'. It really did need BETA'S or someone reading through it because it's such a shame. I hate reviewing storyline's like this. I always feel like I'm rating two books. 

The first rating is the story plot... 
Then the second it's detail, the editing, grammar etc 

So, based on story plot, I'd give it a 4* 
but everything else, including the flow of the story I give it a 2.5* 

It's why I gave it a 3* as a whole. 


Anyway, Ryder is in love with a baker and from what I made out reading this he has been for some time. 
When her ex comes back into town, which is an example about things not being explained, her cousin and friend plan to go camping with her. 
Alone. 

First, let me go back to her ex boyfriend.... he was a complete jack ass and from I could guess he wasn't all that nice. But what I don't know is how or why? Did she run from him? Or was he abusive? there really wasn't any back story at all. It's one of the reasons I decided to read the rest of the series, but you'll see if that helped in the next reviews. 

So, they go camping alone in the woods and some bad guys come after them and Irene has to put all her trust in Ryder. 
Who by the way I loved. For someone so freaking scary and scary looking he could be so sweet. It was adorable. Especially when he was with her. He really did like her. 

The story continues on... I don't want to give too much a way as it's not really a long book. But I did enjoy reading it. 
I will say it does need editing, checking over and probably a bit more backstory added in. It's nothing an author can't go back and change. 

The best part was how the story went, how much action and stuff was going on. I also liked the two main characters Ryder and Irene together. 

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment