Thursday 2 April 2015

The consequence of loving Colton By Rachel Van Dyken



It’s all fun and games…until someone’s heart is broken.
They’re not kids anymore, but Milo Caro is certain that Colton Mathews will only see her as his best friend’s little sister for the rest of their lives. After all, he made that clear the night before she left for college. But four years later, her brother is getting married and Colt’s the best man—and guess who is the best man’s last-minute date?
Milo vows to use the wedding to either claim the smoldering firefighter’s heart or douse this torch for good. When Max—her best friend from college, who may be carrying a torch of his own—crashes the party, they devise a plan to make Colt see what he’s missing. But after Colt catches on, he decides to cook up his own revenge.
Now it’s personal. Colt and Milo are at war, and between Max’s questionable acting methods, an unfortunate trip to jail, and a maniacal fiancĂ©e, what could possibly go right?



OH MY GOODNESS ME!!!!

I received an ARC of The consequence of love Colton by NETGALLY and let me tell you how excited I was. MEGA excited. There has never been one book of Rachel Van Dyken's that I have LOVED. she constantly manages to have you gripped, hooked, laughing, crying... whether that's from laughing to much or because of the emotional effects is another story. What I'm trying to say is, she always manages to give us everything we want in a novel.

The book is the brother's bestfriend romance. She loves her brothers best friend Colton, who she has loved since she was young, but all she's ever been is his best friends kid sister. 
NOT!!! 
Looks really can be disbelieving. 
When she returns home from college for her brothers wedding, she isn't all that shocked Colton is there. 
After a kiss is shared between the two, Milo blurts out she has a boyfriend all so he doesn't know how truly upset she is over him rejecting her after their kiss. 

In come Max. 
Max, Max, Max, Max, Max.... what can I say....... he is freaking hilarious. I mean full on, over the top, freaking hilarious. Towards the end of the book I didn't know whether to keep laughing or just punch him LOL I loved him. 
He has to be one of Rachel's best characters, although no one can beat my Tex from her Elite series. 
Anyway, Max is her best friend, who she's never seen as anything as a friend, so when he puts her under the bus, and invites himself to the wedding, only good things can happen right?
NO!!! 
Everything turns explosive. Actually, I surprised he never had grenade up his sleeve. 
Anyway, can't wait for more from Max. Funny as hell, sexy and honestly???? he is charming as hell. 

Oh and guess who is also in the book???
If you had read previous Rachel Van Dyken books then you'll know how legendary her Grandma's are. In this one we have another, funny, horny, clever, deviant, Grandma. My God I loved this woman. She had me in stitches. 

Anyway, the wedding doesn't go the way one should be planned, but overall the story plays out perfectly and I don't think anything should be altered or changed. It was utterly perfect. 

I'm giving the book a 5* but let me tell you, if I could, it would be rated a lot more then a measly 5*. 

Well done Rachel for giving us yet another humorous, romantic, sexy novel to rant over. LOVED it.   

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment