Friday 1 May 2015

Lead (Stage dive series #3) By Kylie Scott




As the lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, whether it's booze, drugs, or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself with Lena, a new assistant to keep him out of trouble.



Lena's not willing to take any crap from the sexy rocker and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite their sizzling chemistry. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing that ever happened to him.




I've not liked Jimmy in any of the other books. In fact I really disliked him. It's one of the reasons I didn't read the book straight away, but then something I read made me go back to read this one. 
Bit of a late review as I read this a long while ago, but I loved it and I loved Jimmy so much, he's officially my favourite character. 

Little back track on Jimmy. In the first book where his brother David married Evelyn in the first book in the series LICK. It turned out that Jimmy slept with David (his brothers) girlfriend.
You see, Jimmy Ferris is the lead singer of Stage dive, he's obnoxious, unpredictable and used to getting everything he wants. 

After a stint in rehab he's reformed, changing his ways, all of his ways. When Lena is given the job to keep Jimmy on the straight and narrow they push at each others boundary's, Jimmy never giving her the time of day or the respect she deserves, so she never respects him back and doesn't take his shit. She just works through her job day by day hoping one day she'll wake up and he'll actually be nice. 
One the day of the funeral of Mal's mom things change for Lena. She see's the vulnerable side of jimmy, and not the hard front he puts on for everyone. It's actually what had me reading the book. I really wanted him to change. 

Anyway, after seeing Jimmy in a new light and been his rock through the funeral, holding into him and walking up with him for his speech, things begin to heat up for Lena. 
She lives with Jimmy, so being with him day in and day out starts to get hard, especially when their chemistry starts to become heated and she struggles to keep their relationship platonic. 
when her feelings are blurted out to Jimmy, he decides to help her get rid of her crush by demanding her to date, to do certain things, to push her away, but all it does is bring the two closer together and hilariously so..... 

I swear after reading Play, Mal's book I never thought I'd find another book as funny and enticing, but my God this book had it all from start to finish. I didn't want it to end. 

I honestly would recommend this book to anyone, and it can be read as a standalone, but to really get Jimmy, I'd read the other two books in the series.

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment