Tuesday 4 August 2015

Lucky's choice (The last Riders #7) By Jamie Begley



Life dealt him a dead man’s hand. 

Lucky had always led a life of service. Always put his life on the line for someone else, managing to survive by pure luck and skill. After bringing an end to a multi-state drug ring, he was finally able to live the life he had wanted as a Last Rider… 

A good man would walk away and not touch the curvy woman who had been tugging on his heartstrings. Lucky wasn’t a good man. Therefore, the bad-ass biker in him had a choice: once again become the man he had pretended to be and stake his claim, or take the devil’s highway. 


Some girls had all the luck. 

Willa wasn’t one of them. All she wanted to do was give a home to the children she had made orphans. Instead, she found herself needing help from the man who had left the pulpit behind to embrace a life of sin. 

Painfully shy and withdrawn she wanted a quiet life, a simple man, and well-behaved children. The last thing she had ever expected was for Lucky to want her size twenty body and show her a passion that would lead her straight to hell. 


Awe, Jamie, Jamie, Jamie..... where do I freaking start..... 

Lucky.... 

Yes, I'll start with that sexy as sin man. He's been a preacher, priest, or whatever, in the army, undercover, and now belongs to a motorcycle club. Lucky has always had me intrigued throughout the Last Rider series, even before I knew he was uncover. I always knew he had a dark past as such, but actually reading his story was surprising. It really shocked me at how much he has been through, how much he believes in and how much he stops himself from being happy. I never understood how he fit into the Last Riders until this novel. 

Knifes... our Lucky loves his knifes and boy is he seriously HOT with them. Not that I'd like it if it was me, I could see why Willa was so terrified LOL 

Now Willa.... I first pictured Willa as this middle aged, overweight lady, but then during a recent book I pictured her as a middle aged woman with a rounded body, but after reading this book, I still don't see her as this overweight woman who bakes cakes and is Lily and Rachel's age. I don't see her that way AT all. When I read the teaser that said something about her being a size 18 I was like, NOOOOO, THAT'S NOT RIGHT. 

Now, I have my own mind made up and I picture her as young, Rachel and Lily's age, but mature for her age and I see her slightly rounded with large hips, but larger breasts. I don't see anything wrong with her weight. 
I loved Willa, and wish we saw more of her during the other books. During Cash's book she is nearly raped, and Rachel is nearly killed by the same man, but in the end Willa kills him and is stuck with a brat of a teenager, who is the eldest, and throughout the book I wanted someone to put that girl in her place or for Willa to disown her. She was so freaking mean to Willa, it was heart breaking. 
Then she had three little ones and another teenager she had to look after, after killing their dad and uncle. It puts a lot of strain of Willa, but I also believe it made her stronger. 
Willa never had an easy life growing up, not that you would know by knowing her, reading about her. 
I felt sorry for her that no one ever took the time to get to know her. I could see exactly where she was coming from with all her fears about friendships etc and it really made me feel for her more. 
Anyway, after the eldest gets into trouble once again, social services threaten to take away all the kids from Willia, but then Lucky steps in and saves the day, telling the social worker they are getting married. 

The story continues to grow and I loved it. Lucky has a secret that is revealed during this book. We also watch friendship turn into love, and Lucky finally let someone in. 
It was a beautiful story. 




5* 

Well done Jamie Begley, you did it again. 

Also, I'm sorry to any readers who cannot get on with this review LOL I get carried away when I'm typing a good review out. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment