Tuesday 4 August 2015

Obligation (Underground kings series #2) By Aurora Rose Reynolds




[ob-li-gey-shuh n] 

An obligation is a course of action that someone is required to take, whether legal or moral. 



At six years old, Myla was sent to a family her father and mother had chosen for her when they knew their time on earth was almost up. What they were unaware of was what they thought would be her safe haven would become her living hell. 



Kai has been watching Myla from afar since he took over the family business from his father and inherited the responsibility of keeping her safe. When word gets back to Kai that Myla is not only in danger, but that his assets are being compromised, he immediately jumps into action and does the only thing that can be done at the time by marrying her. 



Neither Myla nor Kai would have thought that something that started off as a farce would become the most important thing either of them could've ever done. 



I love Aurora Rose's novels, and Obligation was just another. 
I couldn't remember much of the first in the series, and had to go back and read that one before continuing with this one. I kept wondering if I had missed something. Both can be read as a standalone, but I do think reading Assumption (book one) will benefit. Both are fab reads. 

Kai, who is head of his family now, marries Myla. I was unsure as to why. He could have kept her safe no matter whether they were married or not. 
Kai was so sweet to Myla. He's this big, alpha, scary, badass male, but when it comes to Myla, he's so sweet and sooooo romantic. 

Everyone needs a Kai to look after them. It was adorable. 
Myla was like a light into his world, kindness in the world of hate that he lived in and I felt so sorry for him when it came to that. He was trying to hard to make peace with everyone so he could lead a normal life. 

Myla has had a rough life. From the moment she was handed over to another family her life had been turned over. 
She's shy, timid and resilient, but when it comes to Kai, her feelings are anything but.

The book is full of pain, anguish, love, and passion and even had me in tears at one point in the book. 

But.....

And this is a big but...

I felt like I had been missing important criteria throughout the book. It felt like i was reading a book with missing pages and some parts of the story did confuse me. 
That said, I still enjoyed the read and was glad I picked it up. 

3.5* 


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment