Thursday 10 September 2015

Sting ( Spark series Book Four) By Jennifer Ryder



Going undercover has its challenges. When Detective Ryan Clark is sent to the sleepy coastal town of Fremantle to dismantle the country's most lethal drug syndicate, it's worth the risk. Even if he becomes a fatality, in the war on drugs. 

Ryan finds himself coming back to the same coffee shop. Blondie, the local barrista, has him hot under the collar and reaching for his piece. He knows the attraction isn't just one sided. 

She's trying to keep her distance. 

It only makes him want her more. 



Willow Asher, left it all behind, but not by choice. 

After two long years, she's finally getting somewhere. Willow has a busy cafe, with her buxom business partner, Gabby, who is the closest thing she has to family. 

Although Willow's past still plagues her thoughts, she's determined to have her happily ever after. As soon as her demons stop haunting her. 

What she doesn't need is the complications of Mr Sexy-Brown-Eyes, who seems to be drinking more and more coffee. 

She doesn't want the questions. 

She's still trying to get her story straight.



I'm really starting to like this series. Even if I am reading it backwards. 
After reading an ARC of Switch, I have been dying to read another in the series. This character and blurb stood out to me. I also remember meeting him in Switch. 

When Ryan goes undercover and moves to a small town, he made a promise to himself to keep it strictly business. 
That didn't take long. 
I honestly thought he'd have more restraint. But no. And I didn't blame him. Willow is intriguing, kind and loving. She's also got a hidden past. 

While he keeps his job and personal life separate, he still tries everyday to get Willow to loosen up around him. When he finds something that she will enjoy he ends up fixing her garden for her. It's so freaking sweet and thoughtful I had a right mind to ask the author if he was based on a real person. LOL

Anyway, the two become close but soon Ryan finds it hard to separate the two and it all blows up in his face one night when Willow catches him doing something. Although to him it's innocent, to her it's a deal breaker and they both end up crushed in the process. 

I loved reading it, and am starting finishing another tonight. But I have to put this out there and say the ending needed more. I wanted her past to collide with his job, or something. Everything seemed so simple. There were no twists and turns. 
The only thing that had you gripped was the big secret Willow is hiding, but when it's revealed it's nothing compared to the scenarios that were running through my mind. It let the book down a little I think. 

I'm still going to rate it a 3,5* because it's something I'll defo recommend to a friend.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment