Thursday 29 October 2015

Kian By Tijan



Dark. Mysterious. Gorgeous. 
Loved by all the girls. 
Respected by all the guys. 
...that was Kian Maston. 

As the heir to a billion dollar empire, his future was promising until the day he saved my life. Everything changed for both of us, and there was one more word that could be used to describe him—dangerous. 

The nation fell in love with him while falling in hate with me. He was sent to prison, and as far as they were concerned, it was my fault. I was forced to go into hiding until today. 

Kian's being released from prison, and he should go back to being the golden boy he always was supposed to be. I should remain in hiding, living my life as normal as could be. 

That's what we should do... 



When I found this was on for pre-order, I ONE CLICKED that bad boy. 
The blurb intrigued me right away....

BUT.....

The book however started off okayish. It took me a while to ignore all the riddles. 
The story is based on Kian and Jo. From what you make out from the start is that he protected Jo, he saved her. They didn't know each other before he saved her, but her life changed right after. 
This really confused me. 
He saved a girl, and the public turn on her because he goes to prison for murder. 
It could happen, I suppose. 
Then he's released early due to a dodgy judge, and finds Jo, who is under a new identity, and looks completely different from her old life. 

The books drags from there. I don't know what I expected when I started, but it wasn't this. It had a little drama, but then, Jo was all about the drama, the girl didn't stop whining. 
I also found the same things were said, or thought on repeat. 

It's not a book I'll be recommending and honestly, I'm disappointed in the story as a whole. The writing was brilliant. I just couldn't get with the story. None of it made any sense and it missed that drama Tijan usually brings in her books. 

2.5* 

PLEASE NOTE THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON THE STORY AND NOT IN ANY WAY AGAINST THE AUTHOR OR HER WRITING. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment