Friday 15 January 2016

Talon (Ashes & Embers Book four) By Carian Cole



DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER: 
Caring. Hard-working. A devoted family man, loves kids. 
Clean cut, funny, smart, quiet, but a good communicator. 

~ Asia Jenson 

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER: 
Independent. Tall, blonde, sexy. Outgoing. Intelligent, neat. Unslutty. Confident. Loves to travel. Committed. 
~ Talon Valentine 

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. 
The concept was scary but exciting... 
Marry a total stranger. 
Live together for six months. 
Journal everything. (Feelings. Fights. All of it.) 
After six months, we each get $50K in trade for our journals, whether we stay married or not. But the goal is to commit to the experience and see if the relationship experts could put together the perfect matches. 
I have never been lucky in love. This was my chance to find my soulmate. 
I couldn’t wait to meet the man the experts felt was perfect for me. 
My hopes were immediately dashed when I saw him at the altar. 
Shit. I married my worst nightmare. 
Right?! 



I received an ARC in an exchange for a review. 

Where to start.... This book is so unique. I've never read anything like it. 
Talon, ever the loving rockstar, is funny, beautiful and really doesn't mix his words. I've never laughed so much. Talon, is kind of a manwhore, but he's getting fed up with the usual lay, he wants something more, he wants what his brothers have. 

Asia on the other hand is unlucky in love, and can never find the right guy. So when her best friends tells her to enter a social experiment, she's wary at first. But the more she thinks about it, the more she gives in. 

The two don't meet each other until they're walking down the isle, and even then they are speaking their vowels. 
As soon as the two come face to face they're are fireworks. I mean, explosive fireworks. Neither were expecting each other. 
Even I believed there had been a mistake and burst out laughing. They were so awkward. He expected so much from her, especially on their wedding night, and she just wanted the man she asked for on paper. 
But then, everything on paper sounds good, right? 

The experiment, although it wasn't real, was so fun to read. How the two grow close, how they build on their marriage and become a real couple. I've honestly never read anything like it, and it was a breath of fresh air to read. 

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone, and I have promoted the ass off it. This book will become so many readers favourites. 

The story moves onto a sad subject towards the end and my God, it broke my heart. It felt like they were finally getting their lives together, fighting away their insecurities when it all comes crashing down around them. Some awful happens to Talon, the most hardest thing to happen to a musician. 

To find out for yourselves how a social experiment on two strangers getting married, works, read TALON. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

5 ROCKING STARS ***** 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment