Monday 25 April 2016

Property of Drex (Death Chasers MC #2) By C.M.Owens



What’s the most selfless thing you’ve ever done? What price tag would you put on the ability to save the ones you love? 
They say the worst decisions are made by the desperate or the fools. 
I was desperate enough to make a foolish decision to save my family. The cost? Me. 
They may be a motorcycle club, but in all honesty they’re really an elite unit of criminals who just happen to drive motorcycles. They’re a business. An organization. A fully functioning army… 
What I’ve learned? They work in the gray area; life and death is real; and everyone wants everyone dead. Okay, so maybe that’s dramatic… No. No it’s not. It’s legit. 
I prepared for the worst, fully anticipating hating my new life. Turns out, I finally found out where I belonged. Oh, and I discovered I’m a little twisted or crazy. Maybe both. 
Drex Caine, the man without a conscience, didn’t ruin me the way I thought he would. Instead, he made me feel like I was living instead of just waiting to live. And I can never go back to the way things used to be. 



HOLY CRAP!!!

There were so many twist and turns throughout the book. With trying to prove Eve's innocence against the attack on the MC, a lot happens after that will blow your mind. It's also a lot longer than the first book, which I'm thankful for. I didn't want it to end. 

Eve finds out who she can and can't trust, the reasons behind her fathers death and has betrayal slap her in the face more than once. I felt so sorry for the girl but she stayed strong throughout, keeping it all together. We only really see her fall apart once in book one and my God, did I think she would do it again, but worse. What she goes through.... just WOW!

Not only does Eve have her own demons to fight, but Drex also finds himself questioning everything and has to make one of the biggest decisions of his life. 
He watches everything from a far, and is usually the hot head of the group. Shoots first and never asks questions. But with Eve, he slowly changes and he finally sees the ways of the club, of his father, and I think that's what makes him start questioning everything. He's finally calm enough to see that things aren't right. 

I'm also curious to know more about his sister, one that is a secret among the men. She's sent away in secrecy, but get this, to protect her from her own father.... interesting? Exciting? I know!!! It's killing me not knowing the full story there, but I guess only time will tell. I'm thinking one of the brothers, who I disliked a lot in the first book, will have a major part to play in her story. 

This is the conclusion to Drex and Eve's story, but it's not the end of the Death Chasers MC. I'm so glad that we will be reading more from the group of men. I certainly can't wait that's for sure. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment