Saturday 30 April 2016

The Rage (Hell's Disciples #3) By Jaci J



They say love comes in all shapes and sizes, and is found in the most unexpected places. I wasn't looking for anything when I knocked on that big, wooden door, but what I got was a rude ass, leather wearing biker who made me feel, and want things I never thought were possible. 

Rampage is crude, rude, and tough. He’s everything I’m not, but he’s everything I need. He’s my strength when I’m weak, my shoulder to lean on when the weight of my world gets too heavy. He’s my voice when I don’t have one, and he holds me up when I need it the most. 

Love is for the weak. It does nothing but hurt your pathetic feelings, break your weak little heart, and give you the worst f*****g headache of your life. If you let that shit in, it will break what was never broken in the first place, and now it's trying to sneak in and break me. A little smartass angel has found a way to work her way in without permission, wreaking havoc on my rule of never loving anyone. 

Lailah is the soft to my hard, the social to my antisocial, the innocent to my corrupt, and the sweet to my mean. She’s the eternal optimist when it comes to love, and without even knowing she's doing it, she’s trying to make me a goddamn believer. I may not believe in love, but I do believe in Lailah. She’s the calm to my rage, and that is what I do I believe in. 



I've had a fascination with Rampage from the start. There was just something about the man who couldn't be beat. Maybe it's that every girl wants to tame the unattainable? who knows. 
All I know is that he was sexy, bad, dangerous and very loyal to Lil, who he calls sis. 

We meet Lailah in the previous book. The only thing is, they call her Lala, and I know I'm probably, okay, most likely, pronouncing it wrong, but every time I read her name it sounded like LA LA. Yes, a freaking teletubie. So you can imagine my reaction LOL! In the end I stuck with how her name like Lay La. 

I knew Lailah and Rampage would get together, the second book kind of ruined that shit. Especially since this ending would have had me in tears had I not read that bloody second book. I still cried, don't get me wrong, but I knew the outcome. There wasn't any surprise or build up.

Lailah is a quiet girl with obvious secrets she keeps to herself. She fitted right in with the MC and made herself close to Rampage from the start. They were drawn to each other and it was so sweet seeing how he saw her. Honestly, it's like this big, bad, dangerous beast, was looking at a delicate flower, or a baby. He really looks after her and it's so incredibly sweet I must have awed a million times. It's not even sweet things that he does, it's the way he does them and what he does. I don't know. I just loved the way he was with her and no one else. 

Their story isn't sweet, it isn't rushed and it's a rocky road for both of them. Not only do they have issues, but Lailah has the biggest. I wish this book didn't end. It ended where we don't get the full story which was disappointing. 

So, to me moaning again. Lailah comes across as good girl. It's even mentioned a few times that she's fresh, she's innocent, kind, loving, caring and an angel. 
We even get to see this. 
But then she's hurt and she's all big ear to ear smiles. Gods, honest truth. It's like she belonged in an asylum. 
She even bashes in someone's head and doesn't blink. She just steps over that fucker and ignores the brain splatter all over her to go see if her man is okay. Then, and yes, this happened, she's back to freaking smiles. Like nothing happened. Like she didn't kill two people with a baseball bat. I actually felt a little scared for Rampage lol 
I could see the author was trying to match them together. Both killers. Both had whores as mothers and dead beat dads. They raised themselves and have no aversion to hurting people then act like it didn't happen. 

I think that's why the ending kind of contradicted everything I knew. She killed not only two people with a baseball bat, but she blows someones brains out when they're on top of her. She did all of that, but when it came to the ending, to save herself and the others around her she chose to leave, not end the life that was actually hurting her. It's not as if he was bigger than her because I'm sure it said he was only a few inches taller and was just as skinny because of the drugs he takes. 
I may not be making sense, but you read it, this review will LOL

So, if you read it and would like to comment on what you thought about Lailah, just post in the comments below. I love hearing from you all and reading what you all think, so make sure you get in touch. 

3.5*  


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment