Friday 15 July 2016

Keep (A Seaside Pictures Novel #2) By Rachel Van Dyken



My name is shouted on rooftops. 
It's written on bras, on the inside of bathroom stalls, hell my name is everywhere. 
To say my name is to experience an orgasm without ever leaving your damn house. 
My name is Zane "Saint" Andrews. 
I'm sex. 
I'm a rock god. 
I'm also...a virgin. 
What they don't know won't kill them right? Give the people what they want. And what they want is the idea of me; the pleasure they gain at listening to my song and knowing without a doubt I'm talking about them and only them. 
It worked for a while. 
Until a nerdy girl with glasses falls at my feet, literally, and suddenly I don't want to be Saint anymore, what I want? What I really need? 
Is to be kept. 
By her. 

This is a rockstar romance with lots of kissing, sex, funny one liners, and life from a different angle. I hope you guys enjoy, and remember, it's all about the mallow.


How can anyone not fall in love with this guy???? He's so freaking adorable and not just because he doesn't jump on every woman who bats an eyelash at him. Yeah, that is what originally made me want to know more about him. I mean, why would someone as good looking, as famous as him, NOT want to have sex with all the hot supermodels, actresses and singers?? It just didn't seem right and I knew there was a story there, more than just the whole virginity part.

Oh, and it also had me interested because of the whole reference to him being related to the mafia, a certain mafia we all know and love. The fact they aren't brought in to this book breaks my heart but then, what would come of our lovely seaside adventures if there was blood and gore going around... we have enough dealing with Demitri LOL 

Anyway, Zane stumbles across Falon (LOVE THIS NAME) and is taken back by her reaction, since it's not the normal screaming, drooling and trying to rip his clothes off reaction. That, and I think it had to do with the fact her lip gloss tasted like marshmallow. That boy and his marshmallows. 

I really loved the story and wasn't surprised to know that Zane had more to him that his marshmallows and his virginity. His story is raw and I know personally what it's like having that level of anxiety that you can't leave the house. I just wish I had my marshmallow to help calm me down. 

The only fault I will have to say with the story was certain things with the story line. It says at the beginning that Fallon had one awkward encounter with her lab partner but then later on says she slept with a football player at her school and someone at band camp. 
There were also a few errors in the book but none major enough to call the grammar police LOL

The ending did feel rushed but then, I was enjoying it, I guess I just didn't feel like it had what the other Seaside series books had. There just seemed to be something missing. It makes me sad having to write something negative, even though this is only one opinion and it could just be me that thinks it. 

RVD can tell me to stick my review up my arse and I wouldn't blame the woman. She's a fantastic writer and amazing person, one I was luckily enough to meet this year at Four Brits. So please don't be offended by my review, RVD. 

I also wished we got to see more of Will, who will be in book three with Angelica, the she devil LOL I reckon it would make me want more if we knew about him, got to know him more... or if we knew they were all going to be together. Because where Angelica and Demitri are concerned.... Anything could happen and I also love his and Alec's reaction to her. RVD has a way of making you laugh in the worst situations. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment