Saturday 15 October 2016

Always (Carter Kids #1.5) By Chloe Walsh



Jordan and Hope have been best friends their entire lives. A three year age gap never mattered to them – they always remained inseparable. 

Jordan spent his whole life protecting the little girl who called his father Uncle Derek, and Hope spent her whole life adoring the boy with the green eyes. 
From slumber parties to camping holidays the pair have always been together, enjoying each other's company, guiding one another. 

But then, at thirteen, Jordan's mother moved him back to his hometown of Addyson, his whole life, his future, was transformed. 

Taken away from his father, his hope, Jordan spent the next few years completely closed off.

When the time comes for Jordan to finally return to Thirteenth Street, Hope discovers something is very wrong...

First, I want to say, I didn't read this until I read the third book. I didn't see it. 
I read Treacherous, the first book in the Carter kids series when it was first released, so it's been a while. I think I should have read it before reading these to be honest, but I honestly thought I had remembered everything. 
Because I couldn't remember Jordan and Hope getting married. 

There is a warning to this book that says explicit scenes, but I honestly don't think it was necessary. There's not much in here that isn't written in the other three books. Which is why I was disappointed and confused to why it was written. The only thing that I felt was needed, which could have been written in the beginning of their future book, was a quick run through of how they fell in love and become a couple.

Because I do feel we didn't need a teaser, we are teased enough during the other two. But I will have to point out now, although this isn't in the other book, that I wish she'd be with Lucky. I really liked him. You'll meet him in Thorn.

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment