Thursday 23 February 2017

Bounty (Colorado Mountains #7) By Kristen Ashley



Justice Lonesome has enjoyed a life of bounty.

Even so, she’s inherited the curse of the Lonesome. A poet’s soul. Which means she’s still searching for something. Searching for peace. Searching for the less…that’s more.

And when the foundation of her life is pulled out from under her, grieving, she goes to the mountains to find her oasis. She hits Carnal, Colorado and decides to stay.

Deke Hightower lost everything at the age of two. He lost it again at fifteen. His life has not been about bounty. It’s been about learning to live with less, because there’s no way to get more. 

Deke’s also watched all his friends go down to the women who gave them what they needed. He wants that for himself. But he knows that search isn’t going to be easy because he’s a rider. His home is the road. That’s the only place he can breathe. And the woman who takes her place at his side has to do it sitting on the back of his bike.

When Deke meets Justice, he knows she’s not that woman. She’s cute. She’s sweet. And she’s into him, but she’s got it all and Deke knows he won’t fit into that. So he holds her at arm’s length. Establishes boundaries. And Justice will take it because she wants Deke any way he’ll let her have him.

But when Justice finds herself a pawn in a dangerous game, Deke makes a decision.

When he does, he has no idea he’s just opened himself up to bounty.


First, I want to say, I'm a huge fan of Kristen Ashley but for some reason, her releases lately haven't been up to her normal writing. Yeah, she does have a tendency to drag out certain scenes and describe something in FULL detail that doesn't need to but it's her writing, it's KA all over and I kind of love it. I also love she doesn't concentrate on SEX scenes which I've found a lot of romance novels do lately. It kind of bores me and I find myself skipping through the sex scenes. So it was a breath of fresh air not having to read loads of that. But this book, it made me realise why I love her books so much. 

Justice is raised by a hardcore rocker. She's lived the road, the music and the fame but after losing her father, she just wants peace. She wants a life of solitude. 
She meets Deke, who we meet in the other mountain men books and he's always been a mystery. He doesn't live in Colorado, but he has links to the community and clearly sees Tate and Chase and them as family. 

Both have history, but you'll have to read to know what I'm on about ;) But the two together really hit it off and are literally made for each other. I wasn't sure how they were gonna work. He likes been on the road, she's settling down and making roots for herself. She wanted more. But Deke doesn't settle. The only time he feels free is on the road, so I honestly thought that was going to be a HUGE twist in the book, but like I said-MADE for each other. 

I could honestly rant on forever how good the drama in the book is, because it is. It's full of everything you'd want in a novel. The action, the tension, the emotion, the romance, the hot scenes, and the friendship and family. It's all brought together into one book and KA rocks at making it blow your mind. 

We also get to see a little of other characters from previous books and previous series which I LOVED!!! I like knowing what was going on. 

The only negative, apart from the ramblings, was the ending. I wish we could have had more of an ending.  

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment