Sunday 26 February 2017

Next to Never (Fall Away Series) By Penelope Douglas



Under the close watch of the men in her family, Quinn Caruthers has found it nearly impossible to spread her wings - or even date - without her three older brothers, Jared, Madoc and Jaxon, jumping in to hover. And when a family friend - several years older - from her childhood still holds her heart, she knows they're going to be a problem. Lucas Morrow is a man, and knowing her brothers, he may as well be forbidden.
But years ago, Lucas left town and shows no signs of returning. Quinn knows she shouldn't wait for him anymore. 
Until a package turns up on her doorstep with no return address and its contents reveal family secrets that threaten to turn her world upside down. She's never asked about the path of her parents' romantic history, but she soon learns their happy marriage had a very rocky and passionate start. 
As she starts to see things around her with new eyes, Quinn will have to make tough choices about whether she'll keep waiting . . . or finally go after what she really wants.


Okay, I'm going to start off with price. It cost me £4.99, it's not at £2.99 and to be honest, I didn't know it was only a novella, one I didn't technically need to read in order to continue the series. I wouldn't normally spend this much, and I know for a fact if I knew it was a novella beforehand, I wouldn't have bought it, But....
It was worth the money. I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad I didn't know because I would have missed out on such an amazing story.
Quinn, who is Jared, Madoc's and Jaxon's younger sister, who goes to school with THEIR kids, doesn't want the future they and her parents have laid out for her. 
She wants to go her own way. 
She's also in love with a man called Lucas, who we only get a glimpse of from his POV at the end. He's not actually in the book as a main character. 
Anyway, a book turns up on her doorstep and it's not until one of her nieces read it out loud that she actually bothers with it but when she realises who it's about, she can't out the book down. 
Now, she's reading about her mother and fathers love story, one that is rough, long, bumpy and heartbreaking. 
But it makes her see that no matter how much she listens to what others tell her, she needs to learn to go her own way. It gives her the strength she needs and I cannot wait for her book. I really can't. Penelope Douglas is an amazing writer and she does such an amazing job with these characters. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment