Monday 10 July 2017

Steal (Seaside Pictures #3) By Rachel Van Dyken



It's easy to lose yourself in someone you love.
Easier to lose yourself in someone you hate...
I didn't think it could get any worse than having to babysit a bunch of spoiled musicians on set -- keeping them out of trouble is a cakewalk compared to seeing my ex every day.
Seaside, Oregon isn't big enough for the both of us.
She hates me.
I loathe her.
The plan was simple -- stay the hell away and make sure she gets to set on time.
What I didn't expect was to be faced with our past in front of an audience -- and be forced to face it again.
It's torture.
The way she looks at me.
The way I try to look through her.
Words left unsaid.
The lingering aftermath still as powerful as ever.
I feed the chasm between us, for fear that she'll make me feel again -- and steal the last shred of heart I have left.
We have everything but each other.
It's not enough.
Not when you've lost love.
And replaced it with the only thing left -- hate.



Only RVD could take the most hated character in all her series and make her completely lovable. 
Angelica has caused so much trouble in past books. She seems to be the villain in each book and she's good at it. She was EVIL!!!

Then Rachel made me love her and at first I was unsure whether to love or hate HER, but then I kept reading, because I really did love Angelica in the end. In fact, she's become one of my favourite characters. 
She was literally FAKE all the time. which is what this book should have been called. Because finally, FINALLY, we get to see the real her. And she is so lovely. She's gone through so much, so, so much. Her drug habit was a huge struggle for her and I know people can say, it's her own fault. But until you've been where she's been, you will NEVER understand. 
I felt so deeply for her and for her to come out of her rehab, finally clean, and kind of free, that shows how STRONG she is. Because she is strong. 
And to put up with all the hateful things thrown at her, even though she finally changed her life, made me sooooooo sad. I wanted to cuddle her. 
I even cried over her not having a door. (You'll understand if you've read it) and then again when she got that door back. 
It signified so much, not only for her, but for Will.

It wasn't just Angelica who needed to find her way. Will did to. And he has a long way to go before he does. 

Make sure you check out Steal, #3 in the Seaside Pictures series. 


Also, anyone else wishing seaside was real and we could move there??? No, just me??? OKay then.

5*****

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment