Monday 23 May 2016

Bang (Black Lotus #1) By E.K.Blair



They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I'm not innocent.
I haven't been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I'm ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it's the heart. 


Something about this booked kept me reading it. I don't know what it was but it had me needing to know what was going on, what was happening. 
It was all secretive... every word was like a riddle, laced with secrets, deceit and lies. 

The book is written in present and past POV. We see what Nina and Pike had to endure when they were little and although I didn't read some parts I could only imagine some of the sick stuff their foster dad made them do. 

But, it was where the Nina needs revenge thing that had me reading. I wondered at first if her husband, the person she hates, was somehow related to her foster parent. 

Nina was so messed up. She had a chance to change her life to make things better and I could only imagine the pain she lived with each day, but she made everything worse for herself after getting out from her foster dads care. 

And Pike, the two had such a sick, twisted relationship that not even I could understand. It made me feel grubby reading there part because it was so... WRONG. 

But then Nina seduces Bennett who I completely loved. He had an air of charming arrogance around him along with a personality you couldn't say no to. Yes he had a dark side to him, but it wasn't evil, it wasn't black like Nina, like Pike. 

The book ends with a bang, literally. I didn't know what to think but WTF!!! 
I could have screamed. I didn't really want to buy the next one but something about needing to know that they got a happy ending, that somehow Nina could redeem herself made me buy book two. 

3.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment