Monday 9 December 2013

Misled By Kathryn Kelly


Misled

He deals in a world of violence, sex, drugs, and crudity. As president of the Death Dwellers' Motorcycle Club, Christopher "Outlaw" Caldwell presides over a club in chaos after the death of their longtime president and his mentor, Joseph "Boss" Foy. 
Megan Foy runs from her abusive stepfather, hoping for her daddy's intervention to save her and get her terrified mother away before it's too late. Only problem is, she soon discovers her beloved daddy is dead and the man who killed him is the man she's falling in love with. 

Warning content contains strong language, sexual situations, sexual assault. 

I have read a lot of MC books and all i enjoy. This one i am still unsure of. There was none of that pure loyalty to life. They had no regards to whoever they hurt and worse the way they treated women. 
I know the women in the novel chose to be there and wanted it but still to be called a bitch and stuff just wasn't what i would call a gentlemen. 

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Outlaw. I still can't decide whether or not i like him. It was only really towards the end my views on him changed. The way he treated Megan was confusing. One minute he would be nice and caring the next he never give a F**K. 
Megan leaves her home after listening to her step father- yet again- beating and raping her mother. Then sexually assaulted Megan with his fingers. She cuts herself in front of both her mom and Thomas and neither blink an eye lid. The scene seemed so graphic, i was annoyed her mother didn't try to comfort her. 
This is when Megan leaves in a bid to find her father, who she didn't know was dead. Searching for him she finds herself mixed up in his MC crew by stealing five pound from one. She doesn't confess until later who she is and why she is there, by then its too late. 

When Outlaw finds her beaten from the very man who she stole five lousy pound from drove me mad. Why the hell didn't he kill him there and then. After all his morals about the ''boss'' hitting and raping a fourteen year old girl, leaving him no decision to kill him in bid to save his own ass, why did he not do the same to Rack ? i was confused as to where the clubs loyalty's lay. 

The writing in the book was sometimes unreadable. Their were so many spelling and grammar mistakes it was hard to really understand what some where saying. 

The best part of the book for me and the most important part was the way the writer made her point across about how we see people. 
A bad biker dud with shit loads of tats is known to be dangerous. Whereas a teacher who is clean cut comes across respected and well liked. 
What people don't realize looks really can be deceiving. Not matter what people look on the outside it is what is in the inside that makes them who they are. I really did like the message the author was getting across and to me that made the book worth the read. 
I rated this novel 3*

Have you read Misled ? what did you think ? let us know :) 

Follow This Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa. This book looks awesome. I am actually a really slow reader but I still read everyday. Your profile is awesome and I think I am a member. I am also a mother. I have two children. Have a great new week Lisa. I hope it is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok! What book you reading now. I'm a fast reader always have been. How old are your children? I have three :) have a good week too x

    ReplyDelete