Tuesday 24 December 2013

Torn from you By Nashoda Rose


Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy. 

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

Then it all shattered. 

Kidnapped. 
Starved. 
Beaten. 
I was alone and fighting to survive. 
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me. 

I was wrong. 



OH.MY.GOD. 
This has to be one of the darkest books i have read. Seriously i felt sick to my stomach the first 40% of the book. I couldn't put the bloody dam thing down though. I needed to know what was going on. 

Spoiler alert .... not major

Basically Emily is kidnapped the night she finally gets to see Sculpt play with his band on stage. But is kidnapped on her way to the toilet. 

Emily was severally beaten, starved, humiliated, and tortured and to top it all of the man she loved stood and watched without a care in the world. I was angry and wished she could have killed them. 
The novel was so good don't get me wrong but the first part was just too much for me and i even had a nightmare over it but still it needed to be written to make the book the success its become. 
Emily is such a strong character and i admired her strength all the way through because if it was me in her shoes i would make sure they killed me or have begged Logan to have done it himself. 

As the novel goes on you start to become unsure of Logan's motives. If like anyone else who read the novel would think the same, i didn't know what to think. I knew nothing added up and i knew to an extent he was protecting her but then times i thought he could have saved her a lot of pain and nightmares if he had just protected her from the minute he was in the car knowing one man had his back in the car.

I don't want to give too much away so i am just going to say brace yourself at the beginning, nothing about it is romantic or easy to read. It was hard to read and so disturbing. 
Logan in the end become who i wanted him to be in the first novel and thought the ending to this novel was amazing and was glad to finally see some justice. 

The characters Kat, Crisis, Matt, Deck, Georgia and so on were great characters. They were funny in some places and will be reading the next in the series. 

All in all despite my feelings on the beginning i rate this book 5* and hope you all enjoy this novel as much as me. Minus the beginning, nothing about it is to be enjoyed.

Lisa x
 Have you read torn from you ? what did you think ?

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment