Friday 20 December 2013

When it rains By Lisa De Jong



One night changed my life forever. 
Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't. 
I haven’t told anyone. 
I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone. 
Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life. 
I’ve been hurt. 
I’ve been saved. 
And I’ve found hope. 
I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down… 
Again.

Firstly let me warn you, have tissues at the ready. I have been crying uncontrollably for the last hour and i don't remember the last time i cried like this. 

This story is heartbreakingly beautiful. I wasn't sure what the whole novel was going to be about until i read the prologue and even then i was still unsure if i could read any further.

I could describe this book with so many words but none would do it justice. 
Kate has been dealt such bad dealings in her life. Without giving to much away her story is heartbreaking, and Asher makes her dark life become light again. 
Asher moved to town and to people he comes across as a bad boy but he is anything but. I loved him, i loved his gentleness towards Kate and just him in general. 

Everything about this book will tug at your heart and break it completely. I was so unprepared over this book and never predicted what was happening. His secret is nothing near to what i thought it was going to be. 
For Kate to have to go through all she did then have to deal with another obstacle - as such - was really hard to read. 

warning spoilers ahead .......

Kate is an amazing girl and i loved her character. When she Asher is torn away i was so heartbroken i felt like i was kate. Their words of love to each other, their promises of the future that would never happen seriously broke my heart and i felt like i couldn't read on. It just got more painful to read. 
Kate keeps her promise to Asher and Loves Beau the way she loved him before but i still felt the heartbreak of her losing Asher and felt in away she couldn't replace him but then i think it true what the author says you can love people differently and it doesn't mean one is more than the other. I would like to think her relationship with Asher meant more because if what happened didn't happen they would be living in Colorado with five kids living a happily ever after. 


I rated this novel 5* and think the author did such an amazing job at bringing out the emotions in the book and letting you feel them deep in your heart. 

Lisa x
Have you read When it rains? if so what did you think ? if not please go out and buy it. This is another book that deserves to be read by many .... 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment