Monday 29 September 2014

Creed (The Unfinished Hero series #2) By Kristen Ashley



Way too young, eleven year old Tucker Creed and his six year old neighbor, Sylvie Bissenette, find they have something awful in common. Creed then decides he’s going to do everything in his limited power to shield his Sylvie from her ordeal. So he does and Creed and Sylvie form a bond that grows and blossoms with their ages. 

They plot to leave their lives behind, the town they live in that will hold them down and the histories they share that, unless they break free, will bury them. Sylvie goes to their special place, Creed never shows and she doesn’t see him again until it’s too late. 

With Creed gone, Sylvie is forced to endure a nightmare and do the unspeakable to end it. To deal, she develops a hard shell with sharp edges that very few can break through. So when Creed again finds his Sylvie, he discovers the girl he loved is locked away and he has to find his way back into her heart without getting shredded in the process.


I could not get into this. I really couldn't. I read it all, but for the first time I've rated Kristen Ashley lower than a 3* and this is something to cry home about because this has never happened. 
I felt like there wasn't a story. Nothing. I thought something interesting might happen but it never did. Like Creed's daughter having problems at home lead to something serious or that his ex wife was a bitch, but never showed him. Nothing like this happened. It was completely annoying. Therefore the book dragged like hell, I felt myself skimming through pages most of the time because I just wanted to get to a good bit. It just never happened. 

Everything about the book is in the blurb. There isn't much more I can tell you about Creed. All the unfininshed Hero books obviously fit together and must lead to something good. It's the only reason I've carried on reading them. 
I did find myself confused at times because I found some sentences didn't make all that much sense. I also got lost on what was happening in the story, which was my fault too because of the skimming through, although if i found myself lost I did go back and reread it and still, I was lost.

2*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment