Sunday 22 February 2015

Forgotten promises (The promise series #2) By Elle Brooks



Saying “I Promise” is the easiest thing to do, its just two tiny words. No one warned me of the weight they hold, that they not only have the power to make something, to give hope, or show devotion. They can destroy everything, cause so much hurt, ruin lives. 

Every promise holds a toll, if I had known what mine would cost me, I would have walked away. Now I have to pay the price, watch the consequences of my actions unfold. Witnessing someone I love crumble after breaking my oath isn’t the hardest thing I’ve endured, it's being forgotten by the one person that I could never forget.



After reading Promises hurt, I honestly rushed to read this one and stayed up late. After seeing what damage had been done I completely lost my shit and nearly refused to read it. I'd not long finished a really sad novel and didn't want to cry over another one and after reading the first chapter I knew this was where I was heading. 
Elle Brooks is crafty as anything because this because is so much more than I guessed it to be. She honestly knew how to keep me on edge the whole way through. 

Ethan has amnesia and doesn't remember Blair. But in all honesty, she only walked into the hospital room and he wanted her to say. 
I will tell you because I know some of you hate the whole backwards forwards part of a story, especially when the characters have only just gotten together. They do break up, no one comes between them, and he doesn't refuse to see her. Even if he doesn't remember her in his mind, his body and heart do. That, to me, is what made this book so perfect. I freaking loved it. 
Truly talented writer and will be defo reading more of her work. She took what is an emotional book and made it that much more. Really enjoyed it. 
Would also recommend it to those who are a big fan of young romance novels. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment