Friday 10 July 2015

Elude (Eagle Elite #6) By Rachel Van Dyken



Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married--I offered to shoot her.

Ten hours before our wedding--I made a mockery of her dying wish.

Five hours before we were going to say our vows--I promised I'd never love her.

One hour before I said I do--I vowed I'd never shed a tear over her death.

But the minute we were pronounced man and wife--I knew.

I'd only use my gun to protect her.

I'd give my life for hers.

I'd cry.

And I would, most definitely, lose myself, to a dying girl---a girl who by all accounts should have never been mine in the first place.

I always believed the mafia would be my end game--poisoning my heart, while it claimed my soul. I could have never imagined. It would be my redemption.

Or the beginning of something beautiful.

The beginning of her.

The end of us.


Rachel Van Dyken has done it again...
LOVED, LOVED LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Knew to expect the worst when I read the blurb, and also the backstory of Andi, but I was never prepared for what actually went down. 
I swear to God, it tore my heart out into a thousand pieces. I'll never forget this book in a hurry that's for sure. 

As like all the other Elite books, there is a reason for EVERYTHING. Secrets are kept, lies are unraveled, and people get shot. So what makes this different from the other Elite novels? Sergio and Andi. There are no other two people like them. I can't picture them not together and it's heartbreaking to know there story was short, but beautiful none the less. 

It was touch and go throughout and it kept me on my toes. I read in one sitting and loved everything about the book and everything it brought to the Elite series. I can't wait to read the next in the series. 

Andi is dying, yet so full of life. She brings out another Sergio, I swear. She was like a miracle worker. When I thought of Sergio before I pictured a broody, depressed, angry man, but with Andi he was anything but. She got him to laugh, and to admit his fears. She brought him to life and it was beautiful to read. 

5* and I wish I could rate it higher. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment