Friday 19 February 2016

The Rocker Who Cherishes Me (The Rocker Series #8) By Terri Anne Browning



Wroth 
The marines took me from a Tennessee farm boy and turned me into a hard man. Between the things I’d seen during my tour of duty and the things I’d done during my years as a member of OtherWorld, nothing could faze me. Nothing. 

Except for HER. 

She’s everything that is good in the world. At least, my world. Everything I’ve ever done has been for her. Always for her. I feel as if I need her to breathe, to feel alive. But I can’t have Marissa. She’s to innocent, to damn perfect. And me? I’m not good enough for that girl. She deserves better, someone who would spend their life CHERISHING her. Not breaking her heart. 

Marissa 
Between my brother and Wroth Niall I’d been protected from the world for most of my life. You would think I was still a little girl the way they treated me. But I wasn’t made out of glass. It would take a lot to break this girl. Because if a childhood cancer hadn’t kicked my butt, nothing would. Right? 
Wrong. 
All I’ve ever wanted was for him to look at me. Really look at me and see that I wasn’t a fragile piece of porcelain that would break if he touched me. What I got was a lot more…but nowhere close to enough. Once I touched heaven—at least heaven for me—and now I didn’t know how to go back to what Wroth and I had had before. I can’t go back to the life I was living before my short time with Wroth. It would destroy me to stay that close, when I know that I’m not what he really wants. So when my brother asks me to go on tour with him yet again, I decide to jump on that tour bus without a backwards glance. 

Only I wasn’t prepared to be stuck on HIS bus. 


I've always been curious about this couple. They've always been close in other books and Wroth has never left her side. He's always so protective of her, more so than her brother. 

In Dallas's book we know they hook up and they become a couple. But what we didn't know was that more happened on that tour than met the eye. 
Marissa thinks Wroth cheated on him. 
Crazy right? 
He doesn't deny it so why else would we believe any different? 

Marissa has her own issues. Having her childhood taken away from suffering with an illness. So having Wroth see her as more than a girl was everything to her. But then he broke her heart. 
When she ends up on the same tour bus with him, I honestly believe it's not going to go right. Something is bound to happen. But she actually surprised me how much stronger she became when it come to the broody, beast, Wroth. 

My favourite part of the book is towards the end. Oh My god, I've never smiled or gushed so much in all my life. Wroth took something that meant the world to Marissa and turned it into something so beautiful. 
The Rocker who Cherishes me has to be the most romantic book out of all of them so far. He'd die for her, it's that kind of love. But more than that he wants to give her her hearts desire. 

4.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment