Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Rocker Who Holds Me (The Rocker Series #1) By Terri Anne Browning



Touring with four rockers is the thing of dreams… 

At least that is what people tell me. To me those four rockers are my family. They have watched over me from the time I was five years old. Protecting me from my mother and her drunken, drug addict rages. When they made it big they still watched over me. And when my monster of a mother died they took over as my guardians. 

In the six years since that happened I have watched over the four men that 
mean everything to me. I take care of them just as they once took care of me. I handle all the dirty work behind the scenes of a rockers life. It isn’t always pretty. At times it can be damn near disgusting, especially when I have to get rid of their one night stands. Ugh! 

Taking care of them doesn’t bother me though. I mean it’s not like I’m in love with one of them. That would be crazy. Falling for a rocker is NOT smart. 

Okay, so I’m not smart. I love my guys, and one of them kind of holds my heart in his big old rocker hand. But I’m dealing. I’ve been able to keep it my little secret for years now. 
I'm not, however, dealing with this bug that I seem to have caught. It scares the hell out of me. I hate doctors, but I’m suddenly more worried about finding out what is wrong with me than what the doctor might do to me. 

When I get my test results back my life will never be the same again… 


The rocker who holds me is the first in the Rocker Series. It's not very long which was disappointing, especially having read all the series now. 

Em grew up in a trailer park with the members of the band. All of them meant something different to Em, but all of them were her family. She's only young, like 5 or something, when they first meet her and they are all teenagers. 
I wouldn't even say what they did was protect Em. When I first read about the characters, it was in Angel Halo's novel, and presumed an adult had adopted her. But it's not. It's actually the members of the band. Very unlikely, but hey, it's a novel, I can live with that. Anyway, they don't actually protect her, they're there to clean her up after her mom badly beats her. How no one could report such violent, noticeable acts is sickening. From what I read Em is always covered in some sort of cuts and bruises and is always missing. As she escapes to one of the boys beds to get away from her mom.

Nic also has a past of his own and his feelings for Em have changed. Neither admit their feelings until Em's mysterious illness, which actually isn't an illness. 

I really did love the series. Em's sassy, easy going and doesn't take any shit. No at all like the little girl we meet in the beginning of the book. 
The story plot is really good, but wish we had more of their story. I felt like it was rushed. The book felt more like an introduction to the other characters, and for me, these two are the main characters in every book. Everything is always centered in someway around them. 
The like the alpha female and male of the group.

4,5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment