Tuesday 28 June 2016

Blood's Fury (Deadly Beauties #1) By CM Owens



The deadliest things in life are often the most beautiful... until they strike. 

Alyssa Coldwell decides to put her destiny as an immortal witch to the side, so she can take the chance to live like a normal girl amongst regular humans before she too is part of the fey world. She wants a break from magic and all the dangerous drama that comes with it, but life doesn't always let you do as you please. 

Magic is supposed to be simple - you're either light or dark. But Alyssa is brutally awakened when she learns that life isn't always so simple. There are gray areas, and there is more to being light than simply saying you are. 

But magic isn't her only problem, humans have problems as well. When she meets Kane Ice, she finds herself in a situation she's never been before. She's been sheltered by her overly protective mother, so being with a guy hasn't ever been an easy task. Kane makes it impossible not to try... while she can. Though she knows she'll have to leave him once her body turns immortal, she can't help but fall for him. 

What's the problem with a witch loving a human? So, so many things. Her world is too dangerous, and her attempt to take a break from it fails miserably when her mother is taken captive. With danger always around her, she knows Kane will never be safe. But it's too hard to let him go. 

Kane's not so fragile though, and he refuses to lose the only girl he's ever really cared for. Secrets are a part of Alyssa's life, but she's not the only one with a locked vault full of unspoken truths. When the secrets come out, Alyssa loses all her faith, her will, and her hope. 


I loved this book. Seriously, why haven't I ever been this obsessed with paranormal series before????? I'm getting into them a lot lately. 

Alyssa's life is all about dark and light, good and bad, magic.... 
So she pusuades her overprotecting mom to let her live the rest of her time as a human, no magic involved. She turns immortal in a year and wants to spend the rest of it without any fear or weight upon her over which side to choose. Though, she's always practiced light magic all her life, it can change once shes turned. 

When she meets Kane she's finally given her wish, or so she thinks.... 

I knew Kane was keeping secrets and I guessed who he was after a certain scene. No one can pop up out of no where the way he kept doing. 
It did get a little boring during the middle where Alyssa is moving from one place to another but then it picked up and got so much more interesting. 

I love Gage and I'm seriously finding it hard to choose who I'm rooting for. Thad didn't even get into the poll, it's just been Gage and Kane in the running. 
I can't explain who is who or what they are as I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. 

Story line??? I'm freaking loving. 

Sheesh, there are so many things I want to say but I know it will ruin the book and no author wants the plot ruined before a reader gets to read it. 
So I'm going to leave you with this..... 

Read this novel. It's free on amazon at the time of posting, so it's not like you'll be losing anything. All you'll be doing is gaining another favourite read. 
I'll also recommend those who aren't big on Paranormal romance novels. It's nothing like you ever expected. I promise you, I've tried reading so many paranormal romance novels in my time as a blogger and have never been able to get into them or they've confused my brain to much that it fried. The ones you see go up as a review are the ones that REALLY captured my attention. 
People read reviews as a way to find out what the book is about, more than what the blurb gives away, so I will say this one will have everything you wish for and more. It's written beautifully. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment