Sunday 26 February 2017

Spellbound (Hex Hall Series #3) By Rachel Hawkins



Ever since she started at Hectate "Hex" Hall a school for "gifted" students Sophie Mercer's life has been a whirlwind of disasters. But now Sophie is facing her biggest crisis so far, and this time it's her life, and the lives of everyone she loves that are at stake.


Ahhh, now I can get to the good stuff. 
I surprised myself by enjoying this series. I was recommended over Facebook and was told I HAD to read the Hex Hall series. And I'm so glad I did. 
Not only do we see Sophie grow as a young woman, but as a witch too. She starts getting a hold of her powers but then, BOOM, they're taken away from her in the last book and in this book, she has to work with not having them, something she wanted after seeing what they could do to a person. 
She never wanted to hurt anyone with her powers but she knows without them, she can't help save the ones she loves. 

So, with her friends and family, Sophie sets out to get her powers back, set things right with the dark power taking over Hex Hall and finally sort things out with Archer. Cal's meant to be her mate and she doesn't quite know what to do because where she feels something for him, she loves Archer. WHY? I have no idea because my heart was totally set on Cal LOL

But before they can make a move, they're summoned by dark magic back to Hex Hall where everything has changed. No one can leave, escape and they're thrust back into the school like nothing had happened by the very people who tried to kill Sophie and her father. 
Things get more complicated from there and the story is thrilling and captivating. I couldn't put it down and the ENDING!!!! OMG!!!!!

THE ENDING!!!!

It blew me away and had me sobbing like a baby. It was so good. All that tension... it was brilliant. 

5*  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment