Tuesday 8 August 2017

Checkmate (A Neighbour from Hell Series #3) By RL Mathewson



There’s nothing worse than living next door to your childhood nemesis, except maybe being forced to share your dream project with him, being blackmailed into going along with something that was just wrong on so many levels, and having your hot cocoa stolen by the person that drove you to drink it in the first place.

As long as she has plenty of hot cocoa, a pair of pliers on hand and is able to resist Connor O’Neil’s bad boy charm then Rory James should be able to make it through this project with her sanity intact. If not…..

She’d probably face a few more nights in jail, have a few more restraining orders slapped against her and lose her heart to the man that ruined her life.


Okay, I totally said Lucifer was my favourite character, but I lied. I forgot all about Connor and Rory James. 

Connor has been a big bully to her since he first saw her in nursery. But unlike anyone other else, who ran away and cried, Rory gave back as good as she got. 

When they're put on a project together, Rory is like, yeah, I can do this. I'm an adult.... Connor on the other-hand, was plotting ways to take the contract away from her, expecting her to bring him coffee and sit in the office. 

He's so wrong. 

So, when he thinks of the idea of playing her, willing to get her brothers to work for him instead of her and get her to sell her business, I actually thought he was an arrogant ass. Because he is. Out of all the men in the series, he is the cockiest. 

But she's also a Bradford. 

It's funny to see all his plans fail, but mostly, I love these two together. 

I liked RL brought the other characters into it. My two faves, Jason and Trevor. Because without those two, it wouldn't be the same. They are just too funny. 

I really do hope RL gives books to all the Bradford kids. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment