Thursday 21 November 2013

After the storm M.Stratton


After the storm

Alexia "Lexi" Hanson moved across the country to rebuild her life after the attack that almost destroyed her. She enjoys the simple things in her beach cottage. Life is finally complete.Noah Matthews is Rock & Roll's hottest star and on top of the world. After years without a break he finds the solitude he craves at his beach house. Enjoying his early morning coffee, Noah is surprised to see his neighbor sneak into his garden and crawl around.They never saw that fateful morning coming. Someone was watching them. Someone who thought Lexi belonged to him and would stop at nothing to have her.Lives are changed forever when they meet amongst the blooms in his garden. Even when things seem darkest, there is always light After the Storm.



I brought this book going in eyes closed. I didn't read the description, i was to captivated by the cover. Also the fact it has been on my recommendations taunting me. 
Where to begin ..... well prologue made me stop and say WTF is this book about? that was when i finally read the description and thought oh hell i am reading this. I needed to know Lexi got a happy ending. 
 Going to give everyone a little warning their are a few scenes that are disturbing and seriously creepy. 

So the disturbing scenes. Lets say the 'Creep' was the most disturbing part of the book. Without giving too much away, he basically is a very sick man and is in need of some serious therapy. Even after hearing his creepy ass story i still couldn't understand why it would drive him to rape and murder his victims. 
 I want to say more about him but i cannot do that without giving away the whole story. So i will stop with him right now. 

 Lexi. I really liked her character. She was funny, strong and so independent i admired her strength. After everything she had gone through in her past she came back stronger. 
  Her relationship with Noah, who i also completely LOVED, grew to something so sweet and real. Behind all this creepiness, there love story is what had me hooked. I couldn't wait for them to just get it together. I was glad M.Stratton didn't make Lexi's and Noah's relationship drag out. Lexi didn't fight it, she let it develop naturally. One thing i hate in a romance novel is when a woman makes up the most ridiculous reasons as to why they cannot be together. Although she had her worries about his lifestyle, she still carried on to see where they were heading. 

 I really loved Noah. He had this rough edge to him but with a heart of gold. I think anyone who read this book could fall in love with him. He is a hot but its more than that. He had this playful side to him which made him more funny. His protectiveness over Lexi was uplifting. 

Now i am going to go on about the Trio. Oh.My.God. I have never laughed so much in my life. I could never picture my Nan doing or even say the things that they did but i do know some older ladies who still act like they are twenty. 
Its like they skipped the horny teenage years and go infected when they grew old. 
I loved their pranks on the men. It was hilarious when they caught the one in bed with another man. I couldn't stop laughing for a while over it. 

All in all i really enjoyed reading this novel, even if the creepiness gave me nightmares.
 The ending wasn't what i was expecting. The ending had me gobsmacked and completely stunned. I could of screamed in protest. That has to be one hell of a cliff hanger and so has me buying book two. I cannot wait till February.

Have you read this book ? what did you think ? let us know :) 

 Lisa x     

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment