Thursday 12 December 2013

Calmly, Carefully, Completely By Tammy Falkner


Calmly, Carefully, Completely

Pete 
I met her on the worst night of her life. She was broken, shaking, and waiting for someone to save her. I am just thankful I got the opportunity to know her. Her dad helped me with some legal trouble I got into, and I volunteered to help out at their camp for children with special needs. Horses, pools, and a tracking bracelet on my ankle. Sounds like a fun week, doesn't it? 
She was there and she wanted to thank me for my kindness on that awful night. But I want her. I want her more than anything. I think she wants me back, but she needs calm and careful, and I don't know if I can provide that. Reagan Pete saved me. But now it's my turn to return the favor. He's hot, with this tattoos and piercings but, beneath it all, he's crying out for someone to save him too. Can he love me completely? She’s been locked up even longer than he has. Peter Reed is fresh out of jail, fresh out of excuses, and ready for a brand new start. Reagan Caster needs to thank Pete for an act of kindness, but he wants more than just her thanks. Reagan knows how to protect her body, but not her heart. And her traitorous body responds to Pete in a way it hasn't with anyone else. When Pete's innocent flirtation becomes more, Reagan's ready to accept what he has to offer. Pete assumes Reagan needs to be loved carefully and calmly. But Reagan knows she needs to be loved completely.   Can he give her what she needs? 

I have just finished reading this and oh my god it was an amazing read.

Reagan's story was really sad and i no-one should ever have to go through what she did. Ever !! What made me feel better for her situation was how strong she was. She might be scared and jumpy but she learnt to fight back. She didn't let quiver and hide and i admired her so much for it. 
 The compassion and solitude she finds in Pete was wonderful and i admired their relationship more. 

Pete's story is another case of miss identity. He has this bad boy aura, covered in tats and now has been inside. When you take all that into consideration what people will do is judge him as the bad guy. Looks can be deceiving because from the start of the novel we see Pete care for a sexually assaulted young girl he just met in the bathroom. He stayed with her even until her friend had arrived. 
He also showed the lengths he would go to, to help his brothers. He got arrested for something he did to help save his brother. His care, Loyalty and behavior towards everyone and anyone is truly inspiring.  
 Pete is only young but between the brothers they all show a great amount of maturity. They are all men in the literal sense and the real deal. 

Pete and Reagan fall for each other fast and i love how Pete treats her. He treats her like every woman from there man should be treated. With care, Love and understanding. He doesn't sweet talk her or make broken promises, he does nothing but keep his promise. He has a good heart and i think that's why this novel spoke so many volumes to me. 

The book has humor in it and most to me was boiled down to Maggie the dog. I loved her. She is Reagan's white knight. She protects her from anyone she thinks is a threat and not just who Reagan thinks is a threat. A few scenes in with Maggie had me laughing but she was also the one scene that really had me sobbing my heart out. I feel hurt like she was my own dog. Silly? i know, its just a book but the writer truly brings out the emotions in the book as if it was happening to you.
There was a few more scenes that made me laugh and i loved all the knew characters like ''Gonzo'' and also the old. 

Hope you all enjoy Calmly, carefully, and Completely. It was such a fantastic read and i am so glad it was on my TBR list. 

5*

Lisa x
Have you read Calmly, carefully and completely ? If so what did you think ? let us know by commenting below !!

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment