Monday 8 June 2015

Kane (Slater brother series Book Three) By L.A.Casey



Aideen Collins is a free spirit. She is outspoken and tough as nails, but she has to be after growing up in a house full of men. Family means everything to Aideen. Her family consists of her four brothers, her father, and her group of wild friends. Aideen is protective of her family, there is not a lot she wouldn’t do to keep them safe. 

Kane Slater is a tortured soul. Literally. He is misunderstood by people, even feared by them thanks to the scars that mar his face and body. He relishes in their fear because people who fear you, won’t want to know you. He likes his circle limited to his brothers and their girlfriends, but a thorn from an Irish rose is dug deep into Kane’s side, and her name is Aideen Collins. 

Aideen and Kane don’t get along… at all. Aideen is the only woman who stands up to Kane and throws his bullshit back at him without fear of hurting him. Kane is the only man who can see right through Aideen's tough exterior. He knows her deepest, and darkest secrets. They can’t stand each other, but they want each other. Badly. They hide their need behind arguments, and banter, but when Kane drops his guard for all to see, and succumbs to an illness within his body, it’s Aideen who steps up to the plate to take care of him. 

An illness is the least of their worries when a devil from Kane’s past comes back to play with him. Everybody in Kane’s life is threatened, and with his body fighting against him, he doesn’t know if the luck of the Irish is enough to keep his family safe and his demons at bay. 

Kane needs Aideen, and what Kane needs, Kane takes.




Where the hell do I start????
Well, first I want to point out that Dominic I freaking beyond loved. That book is something else all together. I've not read Bronnah, but I've read the rest. 
I liked Alec, but found I picked out a lot of faults with the writing, story line, and what have you. 
Then I read Keela and I really liked it. Not loved, but liked and I felt it was a great introduction for Kane's book. 

Now, Kane... I've loved him as a character from the beginning and always said I can't wait for his story. Plus, Damon's. So when I found out he was ill in Alec's book I presumed the worst and believe me, a lot of scenario's were going through my mind over his illness. 
What he actually has made me relax slightly. My Nan and Granddad both suffer from diabetes, and both have what Kane has. Where they have to check their blood sugar etc.... so for L.A.Casey to bring such a story line into the mix is brilliant. No one could have seen that coming. I think that part of the book she did perfect. She had all the correct information etc. 

Then there is Aideen, the loud mouth, wild cat of the bunch, the one who has a lot to say. She has a one night of great sex with Kane, and no one knew, but then when they did those pregnancy tests in Keela's book everyone is about to find out just how close the two are. 
Reading about her going to the A&E about a pregnancy test, her examinations etc was so weird. Because where I live none of that would have happened, we have a different procedure to go through. We certainly wouldn't go there to find out and we would have had to have been booked in for an ultrasound, so reading those parts didn't bore me because it was totally different. She's also funny, loyal, loving and down right stubborn. There were times when I wish she'd wake the fuck up and see Kane for who is truly is. I loved him and couldn't see why she couldn't at times. 

Kane, even though he's ill and petrified of needles does everything in his power to support Aideen and the baby. 
When Kane and Aideen go to break the news to her brothers, (I'll be back to those bunch in a sec) all the Slater brothers came behind in their own cars, where the news of the baby ends up with a full on brawl outside on the front lawn. Funny is not even a word I'd use. 

Back to Aideens brothers, they so need to get their own freaking series because I fell seriously in love with them. Everyone, make sure to mention this to L.A.Casey LOL  Overall the book was brilliant. The story line, especially towards the end really gripped me. I didn't want to put the book down. It did take a few chapters to get be able to get into it, but eventually I did and I'm so glad. I really loved it. 
L.A.Casey really does have a way at making you laugh at the most stupidest situations.

5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment