Saturday 16 January 2016

Steel my heart (Sons of Steel MC #1) By Vivian Lux



Emmy believes it when people tell her she is lucky. She has a charmed life, living in her 20th story penthouse with the gorgeous and fantastically wealthy Robert Whitestone III. She believes she should be grateful that a man like him chose a shy, curvy girl like her to be his wife. 

And when he hurts her, she believes she deserves it

Meeting J. and the rest of the Sons of Steel Motorcycle Club shakes the very foundations of Emmy's fragile life. The lies she told herself to survive crumble against the weight of J.'s bruising kisses. 

His love teaches her that some things are worth fighting for. 

And when the gathering forces of J.'s past, the threat of a new MC, and Robert himself converge on Emmy's new love, she is finally ready to fight back. 


I have mixed feelings about this book. As someone who has been in a domestic relationship, I can relate to Emmy. But..... although the emotional abuse, Emmy was sure she didn't want to be in that relationship. Drunk she admitted she wanted out. Even before she knew deep down she wanted out. She was basically using Robert for his wealth to keep her. That's how it came across one minute but then the next it was because she blamed herself for not being perfect enough. 

When she meets J, she feels like she is finally herself. But then she goes back to Robert, facing horrible consequences of her drunken night. Even though it's obvious he has been cheating on her for awhile. 

That's when she turns to J. The member of a local MC who has just been released from jail. 

The story is short, and although I enjoyed reading it, to me it missed something other MC books have. It needed more. 
I was also confused on who was coloured and who wasn't during the book. It took time but I finally got there. There's some racial comments made towards J, but I swore the president was coloured also. But I'm still unsure about him. 

All the characters I loved and each secondary character seemed to have their own stories to tell. As I bought the box set for 99p I will read the rest one day. 

As for the story it seemed rushed, especially towards the end. It didn't have that boom that normal MC books give me. I wanted justice for Emmy and I wanted justice for J. I also wanted to meet his family, and the man who's responsible for J spending so many years in prison while his friend was living free. 

I did find out that the next book in the series is also about the couple, and they break up. Break Up!!!!!! Seriously.... They just got together. How could they possibly be breaking up already. After everything they've been through as well.... 

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment