Thursday 11 May 2017

Standing His Ground (Porter Brothers Trilogy #2) By Jamie Begley



The Porter brothers were raised to live and die by Three Rules.
One, a Porter always keeps what’s his.
Two, a Porter leaves no enemy standing.
Three…

Greer’s been searching for love in all the wrong places. He wants kids … and lots of them, so it’s time to get busy and find the lucky woman to share his bed and his life. Though there isn’t a lot to choose from in the small town of Treepoint, he has managed to narrow his choices down to three.

The strange thing is, the one he’s falling in love with remains a mystery, hiding her face and name in the messages she sends from behind her computer. The mysterious woman may dodge his questions about her identity, but it’s only a matter of time before she finds out that this Porter brother won’t back away from something he wants, and he wants her.

Come hell or high water, he will find the one who goes by KentuckyGirl and make her his, despite what anyone says, even her. And KentuckyGirl is going to find out the last Porter rule the hard way: A Porter always stands his ground and leads his prey into his waiting arms…


You know, when I was first told the Porters were getting their own books, I was kind of worried for the people they got with. They were a bunch of... well, assholes. 

But then a strange thing happened. I loved the first book in the trilogy. But Greer, Greer has always been one of those, why characters. I mean, the stuff he does... WHY????

Well, I wasn't sure where this book would go, I really didn't because let's face it, he's been an ass to.... Yep, not saying. 

Anyway, the book took a whole other direction than I thought and I actually kind of fell in love with Greer. 

Yes, you heard me. 
I fell in love with him. 

There's something about him in this book that makes you feel for him. I mean, he wants kids, loads of them and he wants to get married but he wants to get married to his Daisy... (Read to understand) and that is kind of romantic, especially for someone like Greer. 

I really did enjoy the book. 
I laughed, I got angry, and I cried... Okay, I freaking sobbed at one point but that's not the point. 
This book was EVERYTHING!!! 

I'll be reading this one again. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment