Monday 13 October 2014

Draw (Gentry boys) #1 By Cora Brent



SAYLOR… 
I don’t even know if love is real. After running from the bastard who brutalized me, I limped back to Arizona, choosing a vibrant college town in the hopes of starting over. I never expected to find him there. 
Cord Gentry. 
He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. 
Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. 
And I want him so much I can’t think. 

CORD… 
They called us ‘those white trash Gentry boys’ until we believed that’s what we were. Our people squatted at the edge of a hellhole prison town for generations. The childhood we endured was the stuff of nightmares. I’d learned early on that my brothers, Chase and Creed, were the only people on earth worth my time. 
They all told us we were bad, that we’d always be bad. 
The horrors of the past have scarred my soul. 
But now I need to be better. 
For her. 


For some reason I haven't gotten around to writing a review, but I remember the book so well and because I've just read the second book, I thought I'd write this out before I forget. 

Saylor is from a small town. As it says in the blurb Cord seduced her in a sick game he had with his brothers. He had her humiliated afterwards, letting everyone know he had taken the towns virgin. If I was Saylor I would never have forgiven him, but then years later she escapes her boyfriend after he hits her and goes running to her cousin, but instead runs into the person she has hated since she was a teen. 

Cord, is one of the Gentry triplets. He and his brother don't come from a good home and was beaten by the dead beat father, tortured and left with nightmares of their childhoods still years later. All Cord ever had was his brothers. His mom didn't help him, his dad was always beating them and the town folks and labelled them trash. 
When they're old enough they escape they're shitty home. Cord is honest about the mistakes he's made in life and is sorry for what happened with Saylor. 
Only she isn't the same girl she was back then and he finds him self more drawn to her. 
There relationship felt rushed to me, but I still enjoyed the story. Saylor's ex isn't happy, so they have that to deal with, but also the lifestyle choice Cord has. He's a fighter and Saylor doesn't like it. 
The book ends on a high after one of the brothers is badly beaten leaving one with no choice but to make a deal with the devil. 
I promise you won't be disappointed with this story. 
The Gentry boys are extremely hot. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment